Cripley Meadow is a designated statutory Allotment Site on land owned by Oxford City Council. It is is one of the largest allotment sites in the city of Oxford. It is located at the south end of Port Meadow, accessed via Walton Well Road.
Cripley Meadow is an ancient flood meadow. It has been laid out as allotments since 1891 – modern site and aerial maps can be found on our Maps page . Like many other allotment sites, it became very neglected and overgrown with trees, brambles and accumulated rubbish. We started reclaiming Cripley Meadow in 2005 and we now have a thriving, busy site with a communal green for our social events, two communal heritage orchards and over 260 members. We are self-governing, via an annually elected executive Committee.
This is a large site with a significant turnover in plot holders, so the waiting list is usually very short and new applicants are always welcome – do join us!